Sunday, October 17, 2010

Surprise Getaway....

All week Matt told me he had this surprise up his sleeve that he had been planning for Friday. Of course I'm asking him for hints and finally on Friday the only thing he tells me is, "steel". Anyways, here are some better hints as to where Matt planned our "romantic" get a way.

Which city in Utah was first Fort Buenaventura?
Which city is the 6th largest in Utah? (Comes right after Orem)
This city was initially named Brownsville.
It also had a huge dinosaur park!

Okay, okay... enough suspense. Matt took me to Ogden.


Matt had a gift card to Best Western which he earned while working in Vernal for a couple of months earlier this year and the last part of last year. It was a cheap hotel and a cheap trip. It took us less than an hour to get up there and yet we felt so far away from home. The best part of traveling with Matt is no matter where you go, near or far, he'll come up with a list of the BEST things to do in that area. Matt found the best pizza place in town and also a list of 10 things you could do in Ogden. I know many of you are thinking, "there are 10 things to do in Ogden?" Well there is and Matt and I were busy doing those things.

We mostly enjoyed walking down "Historic Ogden". There are a lot of antique shops down there. Matt has his heart on a record player and we saw a bunch of those. Not too sure if all of them worked but it made Matt happy to see a few options.
I wish I collected antiques or at least knew what to do with them because we saw some pretty cool things.

We also went to Farr's Ice Cream, which I didn't know had it's roots in Ogden.

Besides stopping at iFLY and having this semi-real experience of sky diving (look below for an actual clip of my mad skills), we went to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. It was a little grotesque because of it's Halloween decorations, but it was cool to look at some realistic thunder lizards.

Anyways, moral of the story: Matt's a stud. He's also set the standard for really cool dates. I want to know how I'm going to beat this one.... I also recommend running off to Ogden, even if it is only for a day.




There's no way I'd ever sky dive, so I felt this was the thrill that did it for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I'm always looking for good ideas for dates and going to a different city sounds like a great idea. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete