Everyone is asking us the same question over and over again, "Well how was the proposal done?!" "Tell me the story!"
So, in the attempt to save on paper (we were thinking of just printing out copies of paper with questions and answers to everyone who asked any question) here is the Proposal story.
Location: Arches National Park (Sandy Arch)
Time: Around 3pm
(Rhiannon's version of the story)
I went down to Moab to run the Canyonlands Half Marathon with some friends. Matt also invited some other friends, Katie, Richard, Chelsey, and Jake to come with us.
Matt had the ring and had already showed everyone else except for me. When the half marathon was over everyone wanted to go to Arches National Park to do some hikking. I was tired but I felt I was down for it regardless.
Everyone was climbing up and down and enjoying the park while I was tired and just wanted to stay seated and not climb up on anything. Matt on several occasions tried to get me to climb up into remote places and wanted me to follow him up and down the rocks, but I was rather sleepy and sore.
At one point everyone we were with just left and I assumed that they were moving on to another arch. I started to leave and Matt gave me a hug. I told him we should join the others and he said we shouldn't be in a hurry.
He was sweet and told me how great I was. Again, I was too tired, and although flattered was somewhat too tired to really respond and wanted to move on to the next thing.
**side note**
Many times, in the past, when Matt and I were about, hikes, walks, even baseball games, he always pretended he was going to purpose to me and got on one knee on many occasions. After a while of feeling akward at Matt's proposal-pranks I began to cope with them by kneeling down with him. He chuckled but always requested that when he really did purpose to me that I not kneel with him because he would then feel stupid.
Matt hugs me and pulls away from me. The first thing I realize is that he has kneeled down. In my heart I'm thinking, "This is another joke... uggg... Matt!" I look down and I see he has a black box in his hand. In shock I look hard and shout, "Is this a joke?!" Matt sweetly shakes his head and opens the box. When I see the ring I ask, "Is it real?!"
Matt's pretty funny and tells me it is fake. I'm amazed at how beautiful the Wal-Mart ring is and I wonder if it's glass or plastic and if I really want a real ring because it's gorgeous.
Matt then tells me it isan't fake at all. The ring fits perfectly and is absolutely lovely! We're getting married! July 25th! >'.'<
yay, im the first to comment on your blog!!! Congrats.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Rhiannon!!
ReplyDelete