Matt came to see me in Phoenix!!
I was so overjoyed! I don't think I have ever been happier to see my husband. I had no idea and it took me completely by surprise. He called me and asked me what room I was staying in, at the hotel. I knew he was up to something so I didn't want to tell him and I kept probing and asking why he wanted to know. Was he going to call me as a surprise? Send flowers to my room? Send me a milk shake? I told him I was on the 3rd floor some where but I couldn't remember the room number. As I open the door to step out to check, who is there smiling at me with his sun glasses? MATT! I screamed I was so shocked. My heart was full. I had so many emotions flowing into me all at once the only thing that really makes sense is, I was happy.
Matt came and told me he brought his trunks so we went swimming for a little while, laid in the sun, and then he told me he had looked up some Thai and Indian restaurants, as well as the best place to get a chocolate milk shake. :)
The night before I told Matt that I wanted some Indian food and a chocolate milk shake (as a reward for surviving my first week of training in Phoenix). I decided not to get Indian food, after all, and when I went down to the hotel restaurant to ask for a chocolate shake, the very thing I had been dreaming about all day, I was denied because they didn't have milkshakes! I had to settle for a chocolate molten, lava cake with vanilla ice cream... okay maybe using the word "settle" is a little inappropriate when describing this particular lava chocolate cake. So, to be honest, it was delicious. :)
I was touched that Matt had taken the time to look up chocolate shakes in Phoenix because he knew I was a little disappointed from the night before. I felt so loved by my husband, it's the little things that count. Anyways we actually went to a Thai food place and went to this artisan ice cream joint where they make their own ice cream. They had bizarre flavors like bacon, the mint chocolate chip tasted like real mint(It was ever so tasty!), and they had this basil flavored ice cream that tasted like basil. Somehow Matt and I felt like it was wrong to turn basil into ice cream, it just didn't feel right. Matt said, "this tastes like my dinner". I put pictures up of our little adventures. I was on cloud 9. I wanted to document everything so I could remember it forever. If only you could capture happiness in photos. I know it sounds all cheesy, but it was pretty much the greatest weekend I've had in a long time. (The weekend we got married I think was pretty good too.)
That is soooo cute! Good job Matt!
ReplyDelete