I like going to funerals. I love to hear what people say about those that have passed on. I feel like I learn the most about life when I am listening about the lives of others. (Maybe that's why I like blogs ?) Tears came to my eyes when I saw Tiffanie standing next to the casket of her husband. When I went to greet her I didn't know what to say but "Im sorry."So many words I felt were floating in the air but nothing seemed suitable enough to voice to her. What should you say to someone who's lost the love the of their life?
The service was wonderful! So many beautiful things were said about him and his accomplishments. He spoke at his graduation last year from BYU. His speech was replaying in the lobby of the church when I arrived. His speech was about living up to your own personal potential and doing everything you can with what time you have been alloted here on earth. I thought the topic was all too appropriate for a funeral, which I think is the common theme of most funerals. What do we do now in our lives, that are assisting us to be everything we can be, so when the good Lord takes us away, we can leave in peace knowing we did everything we wanted to, or at least tried to do it all.
In other news, we've done a lot of fun things the past couple of weeks, go to Memphis, have a birthday, plant a garden, graduation parties, etc.... I'll have write about that later.
The service was wonderful! So many beautiful things were said about him and his accomplishments. He spoke at his graduation last year from BYU. His speech was replaying in the lobby of the church when I arrived. His speech was about living up to your own personal potential and doing everything you can with what time you have been alloted here on earth. I thought the topic was all too appropriate for a funeral, which I think is the common theme of most funerals. What do we do now in our lives, that are assisting us to be everything we can be, so when the good Lord takes us away, we can leave in peace knowing we did everything we wanted to, or at least tried to do it all.
In other news, we've done a lot of fun things the past couple of weeks, go to Memphis, have a birthday, plant a garden, graduation parties, etc.... I'll have write about that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment