Monday, July 18, 2011

Camping with the Parents

**Author's Note: I still don't have a camera, but I stole these from from my Dad's camera. They beat drawing stick figures! However, dont be sad, I'm sure more stick figure interpretations are yet to come!


Matt worked 90 hours this past week. Yes, it was horrible. Worse yet, they're not done..... in any case. While Matt worked long hours (coming home after 10pm) I went camping!



James is on a mission. Aline is in Boston. Muriel is in Provo. Finally, I was an only child all over again, after 24 years! It was fun to reconnect with my parents, I feel like we dont get to bond as much as we used to. ALWAYS, after spending time with them I realize how many of their quirky characteristics are my own. Picture below to demonstrate:


I know I've posed this way for pictures before. I was looking for some on my computer but I couldn't find any. I've probably posed this way for other people's pictures. My Mom did this on her own accord, without prompt. I wanted to take a nice picture of her smiling holding the marshmallow... No, she had to do this. Also look at the color of the marshmallow. She likes to burn them. Again, if you've ever roasted marshmallows with me, I get the most satisfaction by sticking it directly into the fire and pulling it out to see the mallow in flames. Apparently, my mom is the same way. The similarity is a little creepy. I had no idea she was like this.

I feel like as a family another characteristic we share is being unprepared..... good thing my Aunt Nicole doesn't have this trait! She brought us wipes to clean our hands and she brought us WOOD! Somehow I thought making tinfoil dinners on just charcoal was a good idea. (It's not.)


She drove all the way from Farmington to hang out with this at Tanner's Flat up Little Cottonwood Canyon. She didn't spend the night and she was probably there for less than 2 hours. I thought it was awesome.

It was fun to cuddle up with my parents in a tent. It brought me back to the good 'ol days, when I was 3 and I was an only child. :)

This pose was my mother's idea.

My Mom made us take a picture in front of the rental car.
She wanted us to prop open the trunk so you could see all of our stuff
but I thought otherwise. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww This looks like so much fun! I wish I could have gone with you guys :)

    ReplyDelete