Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer Concerts




Josh Ritter performing at Red Butte Garden. In case you can't tell
it's outside. Those are flowers under the stage. :)

I believe, that possibly, my favorite summer activity is outside evening concerts. On Tuesday Matt and I laid out our little blanket on a lawn and enjoyed listening to The Devil Makes Three, Blind Pilot, and Josh Ritter. All bands were excellent. Don't be fooled by the name "The Devil Makes Three", they're pretty cool---look 'em up! 
In February we saw Josh Ritter at Sundance. For your enjoyment I have inserted my favorite song that we recorded there, Galahad. He didn't play this, but that's okay he plays A LOT of good things. The best part about watching him perform is watching him act like a little boy in a toy shop. He seemed just SO EXCITED to be there. Jumping on stage and grinning from ear to ear. He is one of the happiest performers I have ever seen. I love him and his curly locks. Unfortunately when we saw him it looked like he had, had a hair cut. Oh well.... he still has nice deltoids!
 
                                      


The next concert we went to last week was the Decemberists at Pioneer park. They played for free! I love Salt Lake City... many a free concert you will find in our city. There were a lot of people there and I could barely see through the crowded heads! Below you will find another inserted clip of one of my favorite songs by them.

It was hard to see!


I love this song. :)




You can't go wrong with summer concerts in the park.
I love summer. I am now trying to savor every last moment of it. Winter is upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment