Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vacation.... :)

75 foot rappel in Birch Hollow

There truly is nothing more enjoyable than time off of work. Two weeks ago we had a full week of vacation. Well, let me correct myself, when I say a full week, I mean the students got to get off for a week while we the teachers had to keep going to school for 3 days. The next sentence may cause you to think that I dont really like my job, but I do. Truth be told, I didn't mind going into work for those 3 days, with no students, it was plenty vacation for me! *sigh* In fact I feel like it was just the thing I needed. I got back to work last Monday feeling absolutely FANTASTIC.

Matt is really getting into this canyoneering thing. He has gone to Zion a couple of times in the past month. He spends his whole week researching a canyon, getting opinions, studying Google Maps. On Thursday night he prints his maps, laminates them, packs his bags, and then strives to get off work early so he can head down to Zion ASAP. Because of school and other commitments I generally don't go. Since I had a holiday I pretty much figured, "Why not?"

We went down on Thursday and went through Birch Hollow on Friday. Eric and Kiley came down with their cute family and we went with Eric on Saturday and did what is called the "Boltergeist"... or something like that. Here are some pictures!






The next day we went to Eric, who sometimes I wonder was a monkey or a lizard in his past life. 

   

 

...see what I mean?

Boltergeist was pretty fun.



Unfortunately because Matt was taking most of the pictures we have little pictures of him... but just imagine him coming down the lines. :) When I took my time, Matt zoomed right down. 

1 comment:

  1. This makes me smile at fun trips with you. Like Escalante when I puked all night long. And Devil's garden when we found that rad oasis.

    ReplyDelete