In case you haven't heard... we're having a baby! We're excited but at the same time it seems all unreal.
When we tell people, everyone wants to know a few things. So, I'll just answer the questions you might have already formulated in your head the moment you read the first line.
1. Baby is currently due on August 12th
2. As of today I am 18 weeks.
3. We're having a boy.
4. No I have not been really sick.
I haven't had any of your typical pregnancy symptoms. Well, I have but if I didn't know I was pregnant I could easily ride it off as just gas, shortness of breath, and exhaustion. I mean what normal person doesn't go through those things?
On Thursday we went to the doctor and found out that we're having a little boy. Both Matt & I felt pretty confident that it was a girl. When we saw the little boy parts on the ultra sound screen we did feel disappointed but in the words of Matt, "I don't care that it's a boy. I'm just sad that I was wrong."
I was so sure it was a girl that I had a list of girl names that we could potentially use, and to be honest, I really liked those names. I almost bought some really cute bows that I saw on sale and I have been thinking of what type of cute lacy onesies I might make over the summer. I really love it when little girls have the lace on the bum. Now I think I'm going to make onesies with ties on them and suspenders, which are cute as well-- I just REALLY love lace on the bum. Im trying to think of a manly way to do it now, maybe just stripes and no lace?
They gave us a DVD of the ultra sound. I really wanted to find a way to get it off of the DVD but it took too much effort so I thought I would record my computer with a camera. There is no sound on this clip except the sound of the computer. It's kind of annoying so if you want to press mute and watch it, it may just be better for you. ;)
Here we see him sucking in fluid and either a: coughing, b: burping, or c: having the hiccups. I believe it could be some form of regurgitation. Can a fetus regurgitate??
When we tell people, everyone wants to know a few things. So, I'll just answer the questions you might have already formulated in your head the moment you read the first line.
1. Baby is currently due on August 12th
2. As of today I am 18 weeks.
3. We're having a boy.
4. No I have not been really sick.
I haven't had any of your typical pregnancy symptoms. Well, I have but if I didn't know I was pregnant I could easily ride it off as just gas, shortness of breath, and exhaustion. I mean what normal person doesn't go through those things?
On Thursday we went to the doctor and found out that we're having a little boy. Both Matt & I felt pretty confident that it was a girl. When we saw the little boy parts on the ultra sound screen we did feel disappointed but in the words of Matt, "I don't care that it's a boy. I'm just sad that I was wrong."
I was so sure it was a girl that I had a list of girl names that we could potentially use, and to be honest, I really liked those names. I almost bought some really cute bows that I saw on sale and I have been thinking of what type of cute lacy onesies I might make over the summer. I really love it when little girls have the lace on the bum. Now I think I'm going to make onesies with ties on them and suspenders, which are cute as well-- I just REALLY love lace on the bum. Im trying to think of a manly way to do it now, maybe just stripes and no lace?
They gave us a DVD of the ultra sound. I really wanted to find a way to get it off of the DVD but it took too much effort so I thought I would record my computer with a camera. There is no sound on this clip except the sound of the computer. It's kind of annoying so if you want to press mute and watch it, it may just be better for you. ;)
Here we see him sucking in fluid and either a: coughing, b: burping, or c: having the hiccups. I believe it could be some form of regurgitation. Can a fetus regurgitate??
yeah--August isn't such a fun time to be pregnant but My birthday is Aug 11th so you could always have him there--congratulations and don't worry, I too was bummed when I didn't get to use my perfect little girl name (i actually was in denial when they first showed me my little babies boy parts on the ultrasound and then cried once I couldn't deny it anymore)--but trust me, having a boy is so much fun, and their clothes have gotten so much cuter since little D was born--YEAH!!! I still can't believe I am not finding out till now though
ReplyDeleteI'm super excited for you two. You are going to be great parents.
ReplyDeleteWe thought for sure we were going to have a boy and it ended up being a girl. It's true we just wanted a healthy baby.
August will come fast