Sunday, February 26, 2012

New York

This is obviously VERY late. 

Since Boston and New York City are "so close" we figured that we would visit the big city after spending time in Boston. We have a friend who lives in New York that we hadn't seen in a long time so we figured it would be a great idea. Let me tell you... best choice every. 

Here is a picture of our friends.


Susan, Fionna, & Dustin
I did take this picture and I am not going to lie, this is a photo that belongs on their next Christmas card. We loved staying with them and their cute daughter Fionna. At this point I feel like if my children don't come out like Fionna I will send them right back where they came from. :)

Matt & I knew Dustin in college and when we found out he lived there we thought it would be fun to take a trip from Boston to New York. Dustin was probably the BEST guide to New York. I dont think I could have paid anyone to do what he did. We would say something like, "Dustin we really want to see site A." Dustin would then say: "Okay we can do that but let's also see Site B, C, and D. Oh wait.... Site E is right nex to site C so we can see that site too!" Dustin also shared with stories of specific sites. I feel like I had the most complete tour of New York City in 3 days because of Dustin.

I actually dedicate this video to Dustin because I saw a lot of what Jay Z is dancing in because Dustin took me there. No joke as I watch this video I say: "WOW! I've been there!" I feel like my connection and relationship with Jay Z is better just because I went to New York and I saw this video.

                                        



Also another part of New York that I LOVED was....

Ellis Island

Time Square-- So many lights!

Statue of Liberty 
While site seeing I asked Dustin, "Hey, does New York City have it's own Arc de Triomphe?"
Dustin: "Yeah it's close by let's go see it." I may never go to France but at least I can say I've posed next to
the Arc de Triomphe. There is also a grand piano sitting in front of it in an open court yard for anyone to play.
How cool is that?


If you watch the Jay Z video you'll see a big bull made out of metal. Apparently
everyone wanted to get a picture with it and there was a HUGE line. I saw it, waved, and kept walking.
We found this rat across the street from it. No one was standing in line to get a picture. So I thought I'd
take advantage of the moment. I love this picture mostly because Matt usually doesn't pose but here he did. :)

Fionna--- I really hope my kids are like her.





2 comments: