Friday, April 5, 2013

8 Months

I am just grateful that my son has survived 8 months! Is that the kind of thing a good mother should be grateful about? Sometimes I feel like there are more ways to screw up than there are otherwise. I still check on him in the middle of the night to see if he's still alive.

It is so fun to see how he is growing and what types of things he is fascinated with too. When I think about the milestones he reached last month I'm surprised about what he has accomplished. He is on a role... or rather "roll".

For 8 months:

-Wears 6 months clothes (can still fit into some 3-6)
-Loves to smile at strangers. LOVES IT.
-Can push himself backwards
-Matt & I like to believe that he understand what "give me your hand" means, because when we say it he sometimes gives us his hand. It could also be the fact that we are reaching out to him that makes him give us his hand---but still he knows our cue!

-He prefers to be standing up.

-He pushes himself backwards. This causes a problem when he pushes his legs underneath the couch and he realizes he can not move any more or when he pushes himself so that his legs are around the leg of a table and he can't push backwards any more.

-He loves to stare at you while you're eating and on occasion protests if you do not give him anything to eat either. He does a little grunting sound as he watches you feed yourself. This kid LOVES, LOVES, LOVES food.

Pumpkin

-He is eating lots pumpkin right now because I still have quite a few pumpkins left from Halloween. I'm glad he's eating it because I certainly would not! Pumpkin? Gross!

-I'd also like to say he loves to eat plastic bags, if I would let him. I'm wondering if someone makes child proof plastic bags. My son loves to yank on the bags and loves to put them in his mouth.





No comments:

Post a Comment