It is AWESOME that the weather is warming up. Absolutely AWESOME. I can't tell you how nice it is to be outside again and not worry about wearing a jacket. I find that as soon as the sun sets past 6pm I am in my happy place. I love it best when it is still light outside at 8pm! I also love it when the sun is up by 7am. I feel so alive.
With the weather warming up it's time to think about gardening again. It's bitter sweet. I love the vegetables we get in the Fall but I HATE the weeding and the caring of the plants when they get bugs on them and the tilling of the earth to get the soil ready. Sometimes, I'm surprised I haven't quit yet. I tell myself about the feeling of empowerment I'll get when I make tomato sauce and can beans and live off of squash soup. Crazy, I know. I try not to think of the Farmer's Market and how I can probably just buy the produce for what it would be worth in sweating all summer outside doing weeds and spraying. It's the feeling of empowerment, right?
Calvin seems to really enjoy being outside. The other day we went to the garden (we participate in a community garden since we dont have any spots near our home) to bring in new soil and to till it up. Calvin was pretty content just hanging out in his Pack-n-Play. He likes it when we stand him up and he can move around the side of it as he watches us work. He can't get up by himself but he can hold on for a long time. He loves being in the grass too. Sometimes when we're inside and he gets fussy I'll take him outside and we'll lie in the grass together. He touches the blades in his hand and then makes his way to dead leaves. *Whoa!* I'm keeping an eye out for dead leaves and when I think there are none Calvin surprises me by picking it up and trying to get it into his mouth. It's like he has dead leaf radar. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment