Well, it's not our 'own' garden, per se, but we went up to Burley, ID and helped Matt's Dad put in seeds for the upcoming year.
I, Rhiannon, had never planted a garden before. I learned how plant squash! I even learned what rototiller is, a machine that digs up dirt. Matt showed me how to dig up dirt and Scott (Matt's brother) showed me the ways of planting squash seeds in 'mounds'. (When I say 'mound' you should think of something like an ant hill with a trench around it.) It was excellent. A life changing experience.
Included in planting this amazing garden, with peas, carrots, many types of squash, and of course your Idaho variety of potatoes, we had an Easter egg hunt that Matt's family does every year. With your assortment of hidden eggs, both plastic filled with sweet goodies, and hard boiled, that you hope find now and not later when it's been sitting out for more than 1 week's time.
No comments:
Post a Comment