I guess I practiced graduating so many times in my young life, Pre-school, sixth grade, eighth grade, high school, etc, that it didn't seem it would be any different. However a sense of pride overwhelmed me as I heard the speaker talk about being an agent of change and what type of power a degree from a university instills you with. I also decided that I want to get my Masters and the robes for those who got a Ph.D were so cool, I thought maybe I could even get one of those, just so I could wear the robes with stripes on the sleeves. ;)
The ceremony made me eager to want to keep learning more and I hate to say it but some of the dissertations seemed interesting, I want to go look them up now. It was nice to have a huge clump of my family in town to celebrate with me. They love me, really.

No comments:
Post a Comment