Monday, January 2, 2012

Boston

For the two weeks off I have for Christmas we decided to go down to visit my sister in Boston. Also, because we were so close we also decided to go to NYC too. It was a lot of traveling! It was also a lot of fun.

Highlights of the trip in Boston:
Matt visiting Walden's pond and the mini house Thoreau stayed in.



Going to Longfellow's house!
He wrote the lyrics to the Christmas song, "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." Aline's chapel was across the street from his house and for sacrament we sang that song, it was a tender moment. :)

Boston Cream Pie
A Boston cream pie is definitely on my list of delicious cakes! It's texture reminds me of tres leites. So delicious!!!

The site of the Boston Massacre
We took a walk a long what is called "The Freedom Trail". You basically follow a red brick line that shows you around to some historic sites in Boston. We saw Paul Revere's house, we saw where the Declaration of Independence was first read publicly, we saw Bunker Hill, & so much more! It was more fun than I thought it would be. It was fun to take a walk through history. 
 

We didn't have a christmas tree or proper wrapping paper to wrap our presents. I went to Staples and I bought some construction paper to make a tree. I did want the tree to be green but I didn't have enough paper so I decided to make it more fun. With the extra wrapping paper I did have I decided to use that to wrap presents. :) Aline said it wasn't really a Christmas tree but a Kwanzaa tree. :)

It was so fun to visit Aline and we're excited that in March she'll come and visit us!

Aline being friendly with this penguin at the New England Aquarium, which was also
another highlight of our trip. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment