Honestly I can't believe it's been since the beginning of April that I posted last. I feel like I was pretty good at consistently posting too. We've done a lot of fun things. Some of you may be wondering what being pregnant is like for me too. In short, it's been pretty good, in fact almost easy--- too easy. It's beginning to make me feel uncomfortable, like something horrible should be happening to balance out all this good fortune.
In any case, expect a few posts of "updates".
The first one I can think of is...
May 4, 2012.
(Here's a little disclosure... I did walk at graduation and invited my parents and Matt's parents and my aunts, but really I didn't finish until last Thursday.)
We'll have to see.
In any case, expect a few posts of "updates".
The first one I can think of is...
GRADUATION!
May 4, 2012.
(Here's a little disclosure... I did walk at graduation and invited my parents and Matt's parents and my aunts, but really I didn't finish until last Thursday.)
![]() |
| My Mom made this sign and at graduation was waving it ferociously and yelling my name. It was pretty much as cool as it sounds. ;) |
I finished school and I got my Masters. After two years of working full time and going to class at night, it's done. It would be a lie if I didn't tell you I felt some type of pride from the experience. Now let's see what I'll do with it, because getting paid a lot more money isn't one of those things. Getting paid "a lot" seems almost like an oxymoron---I am a teacher after all.
![]() |
| A few of the ladies that I have studied with. |
Actually, next year I'll be working SUPER part time. When I say SUPER I mean 10 hours a week. (That's not even half time!) I'll also be teaching Reading to 7th and 8th graders at my school. I am a little concerned on the classroom management dynamic, because they are 7th and 8th GRADERS not 7 and 8 YEAR olds. To my second graders I say something like, "Oh I love that Suzy is folding her arms and looking at me" and then ALL my kid sit up straight with their arms folded dying to hear to me praise them for their efforts of looking straight up at me. Try saying that to a 12 year old, "Man I really love the choices you are making. Thanks for coming to class on time!"
We'll have to see.


No comments:
Post a Comment