Matt's mom bought our little Tomatillo this adorable costume. So stinkin' cute!
Matt is working on being certified as a Canyon Leader for the boy scouts so he can take boys through canyons. The testing was this week so we packed up our gear and set out for yet another camping experience. This time we headed to Moab.
Yes it's November. Yes it was FREEZING. Yes our little Tomatillo was warm. :)
At least for the first two nights. He did really well camping! The problem at night is, he doesn't like having his arms bundled up in his blanket. He grunts and slowly begins to cry, getting louder and louder. Sometimes I can get his hands to be bundled up but it's a risk I take because in the case that he doesn't want it he'll wake up and have a difficult time going back to sleep. So I get to choose between freezing hands and a sleeping baby.
The last night was the worst, it was freezing. Also, as a result Tomatillo woke up a few times too. His hands were ever so icy! Since we were camping with a large group of people (others who were participating in the certification) we were worried our baby's cry would wake others up. So I swept him up and we ran to the car for refuge. A little time with the heat running, Tomatillo slept long and hard.
| Bundled up with at least 4 blankets and a hat. This night he let me shove his hands in with his body. |
| Our sleeping arrangements. Matt, Me, and Tomatillo. |
While Matt was getting tested....
| For this test Matt gets to climb up this rope using some hand dandy prusiks. |
| You see that knot on the rope (the white rope)? Matt has to climb up this long rope, detach himself from his belaying device and reattach himself above the knot. This is possible with the use of his prusiks, the blue rope. The orange rope is attached to the blue rope so he has a place for his feet and the green webbing is attached to his harness. He's hardcore. :)
We went for a hike. :)
My sister Aline is pretty into Arches so I've gone quite a bit with her and I feel like I'm already too familiar with Arches National Park. I sought to do things that I've never done before. Some of the stuff was pretty dumb, which is probably why I didn't do it in the first place. After returning home and looking up "Things to do" in Moab I've decided that, in the future, I will be avoiding Arches altogether. There are HUNDREDS of additional trails around Moab. Why didn't I think about that before our trip? I really wish I would have done this. Ah--- the regret!
An additional note. Before having a child I always felt kind of lame hiking by myself but now that I have someone to carry around I don't feel like such a loser any more, even if my partner is always sleeping on the trips and makes for poor conversational company.
|
I have to admit I was pretty excited to show him around.
| Delicate Arch from behind. |



He is so cute! I think he looks so much like you!
ReplyDelete