Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Home Improvements

The joys of home ownership. N-O-T.

Matt and I often talk about how exciting it will be when we can become renters again. I think I'm more excited about it than Matt. :)

Lately we've been fixing up some stuff. Matt was a lot more accomplished and doing the things he started than I was. So here's a post about how awesome Matt is about home improvements. You may be wondering why it is that Matt and I have been working on separate projects. It just kind of ended up that way, wouldn't it have been better if we worked together? Totally, but *spoiler alert* I'm afraid of dealing with electricity. I'll explain in the next post.

I should have taken "before" pictures but I didn't even think about it until I saw how beautiful Matt was making it. Matt made the shelves that the pile of wood is sitting on. That pile of wood has been taken up a lot of space in our garage for over a year. We had this great idea of putting up shelves and Matt attacked it!

"Kind of Before"

Matt got a work table from his Mom and had a great idea of putting a peg board behind it in order to hang up some useful items. It is awesome!



"After" -- Do notice the peg board with useful items attached to it.

This was project number one.

Project II
Matt LOVES pottery and over a year ago purchased a Kiln to heat pottery when he saw a killer deal on one. Last year he purchased a wheel. The wheel has always worked but the Kiln need a special outlet. 

Matt spoke with an electrician and figured out what he needed to do. Does Matt have a lot of experience with putting up electrical wires in one's home? 

No.

Yes, I was a little worried. Hence the reason why Matt is doing this project without me. Matt invited a friend to help him put it in and they drilled holes and ran wires through. Here Matt & Duke are drilling holes to run the wire to that blue box. 



Here's the almost final project.



What it looks like in the house. 


It works! The kiln works! I'm so proud of Matt. Now we can use the pottery wheel because we'll have a place to heat up and cook the pieces. We have had some people come over and throw a little bit but we haven't cooked a thing. I'm looking forward to that part!

Matt and Zach

So here is the positive part of the home improvements. Matt is awesome and got the garage looking wonderful! I'm so proud of his hand many skills and I love how much room we have in the garage now! The next post.... my projects. The agony!

No comments:

Post a Comment