Monday, January 7, 2013

Home Improvements III- Success!

Back to the dishwasher...

 

Because of our water filter the water tastes WONDERFUL. Come on over and I will proudly get a glass of water for you out of our refrigerator! So as frustrating as the water filter was, you will understand that when I realized the insulation to the dishwasher wasn't going to fit around the dishwasher and fit under our counter, I gave up. I did call around and get some tips and advice but nothing worked so I decided it was Matt's turn. 

After a month I was fixing something else and felt so good when I was done I thought, "Hey! I should just install the dishwasher without the insulation." So I did. I made sure the electricity was turned off so I wouldn't take on a little shock again.

It's really not that loud. I figured we could probably substitute newspaper for insulation if we really cant stand the hum. I'm just grateful that it worked. Those blue lights below are the inaugural usage of my dishwasher. :)

My biggest complaint though is that because we bought one of those "eco-friendly" dishwashers, the thing takes 3 hours to wash one load! YIKES.


I am still interested in becoming a renter again.

No comments:

Post a Comment