In Montana we were all responsible for some type of meal. As a result we came home with lots and lots of hot dog buns. We dont really eat hot dogs, so I was curious as to what we were going to do with all this white bread.
I thought we could put them in the fridge, with the intensions of using them. I knew what would really happen to them if we buried them in the fridge. We would forget about them and then throw them away when they became infested with mold.
So, this sounds kind of weird, but here is my story on hot dog buns.
Step 1: Lay out the hot dogs on the bottom of the pan.
Confession: I mentioned earlier that the fruit was going bad, but really I think they were bad. :(
I honestly think this was the downfall of my fruit pudding. We ate one bite and decided to throw it out.
So I did waste some fruit and hot dog buns, but at least I tried one thing before I deemed it disgusting. I feel like that ought to count for something....
Pizza!
All I did was make some pizza sauce, smothered them in cheese, and cooked them for 8 minutes. This was a lot more successful than my bread pudding! :)
Garlic Bread!
I liked this idea the most. In fact this is what helped me finish off what was left of the hot dog buns.
I thought we could put them in the fridge, with the intensions of using them. I knew what would really happen to them if we buried them in the fridge. We would forget about them and then throw them away when they became infested with mold.
So, this sounds kind of weird, but here is my story on hot dog buns.
Of course I googled what to do with left over hot dog buns. I love the internet!
I found one recipe for bread pudding. I had some fruit that was going bad and I figured this was a great use of both bread and fruit.
![]() |
| Blueberries |
![]() |
| So these peaches got a little wet from being stored in our cooler from Montana |
![]() |
| I figured I'd just cut off the bad parts. Good idea? Eh... |
![]() |
| Strawberries |
![]() |
| Cut up and throw them together! |
Step 2: Boil the fruit with sugar and a little water and lemon juice to create a sort of fruity sauce.
Step 3: Layered the new fruit mixture on top of the hot dog buns.
Step 4: Layer hot dog buns and fruit sauce again & refrigerate. When the product is complete cover it in whip cream!
Confession: I mentioned earlier that the fruit was going bad, but really I think they were bad. :(
I honestly think this was the downfall of my fruit pudding. We ate one bite and decided to throw it out.
So I did waste some fruit and hot dog buns, but at least I tried one thing before I deemed it disgusting. I feel like that ought to count for something....
Pizza!
All I did was make some pizza sauce, smothered them in cheese, and cooked them for 8 minutes. This was a lot more successful than my bread pudding! :)
Garlic Bread!
I liked this idea the most. In fact this is what helped me finish off what was left of the hot dog buns.
We ate the home made garlic bread with some fresh pasta that we bought at the farmer's market.
It was perfect! :)
Something else that I wanted to try, but ran out of buns for, was croutons. I thought that would be a really fun idea and something you could store for a long time too.













No comments:
Post a Comment