Of course, we went to Zion.
For Memorial Day weekend we headed up to Zion on Friday and stayed until Monday. Everyone went canyoneering, doing some pretty gorgeous hikes and I well.... did not. I blame pregnancy. I was kind of nervous, but in retrospect I probably could have done at least one of them. Oh well.
Matt tells me next year he'll take me back to some of the canyons they did. Here are some fun shots of their trip.
For Memorial Day weekend we headed up to Zion on Friday and stayed until Monday. Everyone went canyoneering, doing some pretty gorgeous hikes and I well.... did not. I blame pregnancy. I was kind of nervous, but in retrospect I probably could have done at least one of them. Oh well.
Matt tells me next year he'll take me back to some of the canyons they did. Here are some fun shots of their trip.
| Iara, Zach, Matt, Jen, Duke, & Lauren-- They're hardcore. |
| When I decided not to go we invited Jen to take my spot, using the permit. She's pretty hardcore and pretty funny too. Taking Jen was a good choice. |
If you'd like to go canyoneering Matt would love to take you!
Now this was my part of the trip....
Rebecca was every so kind as to come down and do a little hiking with me. She brought her two kids and we explored a few trails. Her son Vincent was pretty adventurous.
![]() |
| Vincent, Rebecca, & Joselyn |
For example, he really wanted a hiking stick and if you look really closely you can see which stick he selected to use. :) He walked around trying to balance himself, hunched over this with this 16 inch stick. We were able to find one more appropriate for his height. However, I was pretty humored at his excitement of using this twig.
If you look closely I was able to find a spot that kind of resembled a canyon. It was a gap between two rocks. There's even a pool of water! (I didn't climb up, but climbed around it. ;))
The view was pretty nice too. Unfortunately I didn't take any shots of us climbing up to this spot. (See the photo above.) There were a bunch of cacti. My most memorable experience was Rebecca's daughter Joselyn. We were climbing up a pretty slippery incline and the kids found it to be easier to hike barefoot up this slick rock instead of wearing shoes. Honestly, a good choice. However there were some cactus, which were easy to avoid, as well. Joselyn was coming up on some cactus and Rebecca points and says: "Joselyn don't step here it's cactus." Right when she says that Joselyn plants her foot down on the prickly plant. Yes it was painful. At the same time (I'm a bad person) slightly humoring. Joselyn shed a few tears but really didn't complain that much. She did great, really.
It was a lot more fun afterwards too. When she would complain about anything (not that she complained a lot) I would ask her, "which is worse, this or cactus?" Silence followed as she told me that cactus was by far worse.






No comments:
Post a Comment