| 4 Weeks Old |
It seems like having a baby really takes up a lot of time.
I've thought a lot about blogging but it's really just been that--- thinking.
Here are a few quick notes and answers to commonly asked questions.
How is the baby? (I'm not sure if I want to disclose his name online--- probably but for now he will be referred to as Tomatillo.)
Tomatillo is great! He can sleep for 4-6 hours but that is when he is being held. If he is not being held he will sleep for 90 minutes and then awake and want to be fed.
He does the cutest stretching things when he wakes up. He extends his body and stretches his neck muscles. He also has this phase he goes through right before he "officially" wakes up. He'll make all these grunts and stretches for about 10 seconds and then he'll immediately stop and behave as if nothings happened. A few minutes later he'll do it again, stretch for about 10 seconds and then immediately resumes sleeping. He'll do this a few times and the last time he'll just scream if you haven't figured out that he wants you to pick him up. Do other babies do that?
How do you like being a mom?
It's hard to define "mom". I feel like a "mom" is someone full of wisdom and experience who watches out for you. Yes I watch out for my son, but I dont think I've reached that wisdom and experience stage yet. I dont mind taking care of my child but the title of our relationship I am still unsure of what to call it.
I think I'll feel more confident of my role in a few years.
Personality?
Well actually no one has asked me this question but I am the one stupid enough to ask it to new mom's. No my child doesn't really have a personality. He likes to sleep & eat a lot. He does a lot of stretching and he likes to be cuddled. I don't think that makes him sound terribly unique.
I do have to admit, since I do have a baby I have become more self conscious on how people are judging me. I mean think about it. If you have more than one child you know what to expect from an infant. Me on the other hand---being a first time mom--- have no clue. I'm trying, I really am. However, I have this fear that while I am trying to calm my baby by rocking him and giving him a pacifier in public someone is looking at me and saying: "Dont you know that cry means..... you're doing it all wrong." I'm sure it's paranoia. If you see me doing something wrong, know that I am really trying. :)
I made him this little outfit! You can't tell but he's wearing the cutest shorts too!
![]() |
| He is smiling. (3 Weeks) |



No comments:
Post a Comment