I find that I am really concerned with milestones.You know the list of things they can do as they get older; make eye contact, coo, crawl, eat solid food, etc. I think it's because I worry that my child may have some type of learning disability. (Not that he has done anything so far that has made me wonder!) I think it comes with the trait of being a teacher. I want him to be able to attend a regular public school and be able to focus and learn like the majority of kids in the classroom.
I talked to another teacher at my school and she told me she worries about the same thing. I didn't feel so alone when she said that. I do call the doctor a few times if my son has been awake for more than 2 hours. I worry when his poop isn't always the same color or texture. I think that 2 months appointments are too far away. Why do you have to wait every other month? I think I need to see the doctor once a month. I need the reassurance that my baby is "normal" and okay. :)
Apparently every baby is different.
Anyways, last night our little Tomatillo rolled from tummy to back. An important milestone? I'm not really sure, but it's moments like these that reassure my worried heart. :)
It's too cute!
Ha ha! I love that he does it on command. :) He's adorable!
ReplyDelete