We blessed our baby boy!
Blessing? If you're not too familiar what I mean by "blessing" our baby let me offer a quick explanation. Similar to other faiths (not just christians!). We take our child in front of the congregation and pray for traits and characteristics that could bless their lives.
I was actually pretty curious about why we do it and I did some reading on what other cultures do when their babies are born too. I thought it was interesting all the customs and traditions centered around a new spirit. :)
I was actually pretty curious about why we do it and I did some reading on what other cultures do when their babies are born too. I thought it was interesting all the customs and traditions centered around a new spirit. :)
We invited our family and a few friends to come join us. We had a dinner first on Saturday and then on Sunday we blessed him.
| Aline made a lot of yummy food! |
My aunt Monique and Grandma
| We had an ice cream sundae bar! |
| Aunt Kim was seen like this all night, holding the baby. :) Who can blame her? He is darling! |
It rained on our little back yard dinner. :( It was like a masoon! It was
heavy and hard. Aline is wearing a garbage bag to protect her clothes from getting wet.
I'm not really sure what Muriel is doing.
Both my Grandpas :)
Osi and Muriel (Again, what is Muriel doing?)
![]() |
| Grandma |
Our little guy is pretty loved. :)
Muriel, Me, Tahia, and my mom
Not everyone can have two beautiful sisters? ;)


Sometimes (and this is your own fault for not being very authentic) I forget how deeply Tongan you are. This was a good reminder. He is so cute, Rhiannon, if I were you, I would never be able to stop staring. :)
ReplyDelete