So here's a quick post on Matt & I. We are regular "normal" people still, even though we do have a baby. So here is what we, regular people, have done.
Grill.
Regular people grill.
Matt got this beauty from his parents for his birthday. (THANK YOU!)
We have been talking about getting one and looking for a great deal, but finally his parents made the decision for us, by surprising Matt. They had the thing all boxed up, came over and said: "your present is in the car". They even wrapped it up for him! (I thought hiding it in the car was fine wrapping!)
So on Labor Day-- we grilled. Matt made veggies and I ate a hamburger. :)
Football.
Saturday I made tomato sauce that I canned. This does look impressive.... but
For me the thing about canning is I can't tell if it really worked until a couple of weeks later. I canned some beans and I left them on the counter so I could monitor how they were doing and although one of the jars were sealed tight it looks like I have some type of bacteria growing in the water. So I think that was a no go. So I have begun the monitoring phase. Let's see if it all turns out.
Another problem with canning is that I am so proud it's canned I don't want to open it. I have tomato sauce and today I almost bought some Ragu. I love the fact that my sauce is in a jar.... I dont want to open it!
Grill.
Regular people grill.
Matt got this beauty from his parents for his birthday. (THANK YOU!)
We have been talking about getting one and looking for a great deal, but finally his parents made the decision for us, by surprising Matt. They had the thing all boxed up, came over and said: "your present is in the car". They even wrapped it up for him! (I thought hiding it in the car was fine wrapping!)
So on Labor Day-- we grilled. Matt made veggies and I ate a hamburger. :)
Football.
Regular people like football. (This doesn't mean if you dont like football you are irregular.)
I made these velveteen cupcakes and cut out those Us out of sugar paper. (Not as easy as I thought it would be!) We have season tickets this year and went to the first home game of the season against Colorado. It was fun. :) It's funny when people found out we weren't taking our child they called our outing a "date". So here's my question... isn't only called a date when you dont have a child? Because pretty sure before we had a baby we went out all the time and I never thought those were dates. Were they? Or do you only begin dating once you have a baby because now you have someone to leave at home? Hmm.....
Canning.
Is this considered an activity that can label you as "normal"?
Well it's harvesting time.
I pickled beets! I pickled these over a month ago. I ate some yesterday and they were DELICIOUS!
Eh...not so much when you have the right Kitchen Aid attachment. All I did was cut the tomatoes in fourths and shove them through. It was SO EASY!
I made pickles! We purposely grew cucumbers for pickling. I always wanted to make pickles! This was super easy too. I just bought some pickling mixture added vinegar and water and VIOLA. I think we even forgot that we were growing them until Matt stumbled upon them in our garden.
For me the thing about canning is I can't tell if it really worked until a couple of weeks later. I canned some beans and I left them on the counter so I could monitor how they were doing and although one of the jars were sealed tight it looks like I have some type of bacteria growing in the water. So I think that was a no go. So I have begun the monitoring phase. Let's see if it all turns out.
Another problem with canning is that I am so proud it's canned I don't want to open it. I have tomato sauce and today I almost bought some Ragu. I love the fact that my sauce is in a jar.... I dont want to open it!
Music.
Truth-- this was before the baby was born.
Truth-- I had to blog about this. I. Love. Josh. Ritter.
Remember when I didn't have a camera and I had to illustrate my summer experiences? Well this summer I actually had a camera and I took REAL pictures of everything. :)
Red Butte Garden-- best venue ever
![]() |
| Snacks! |
| Friends! |
| Love! |
As I finish up this post I have this song in my head "Lantern" by Ritter. Check it out.










I just really whole-heartedly wish that we lived closer. Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete